Wednesday 21 June 2017

Kevin Pietersen Confirms He Won't Take Part In IPL 2018

Kevin Pietersen confirmed that he won't be playing in the next edition of the Indian Premier League.
Kevin Pietersen’s decision is expected to be a huge loss for the franchises.
Kevin Pietersen will bid farewell to English cricket this summer when his stint in the NatWest Blast playing for Surrey comes to an end.
The 36-year-old also announced that he won't be available for the 2018 Indian Premier League (IPL) as it comes at the end of his busy schedule. The reason for Pietersen's unavailability for both stints is that he's busy building a new home near Kruger National Park and wants to be more involved in wildlife conservation programmes.
The IPL comes at the end of my schedule. So I’m playing for Surrey now, in August-September. Then I play in South Africa in November, into December. I play in Australia all of December and all of January. Then I play the Pakistan Super League in February-March. So can’t play in India, it’s too long.
"I am still playing some of the best cricket of my career," he said. "I am 36 and I am fitter than I even was when I was playing for England. As long as I am fit and enjoying batting I will play on."
Pietersen pulled out of commentating on the Ashes this winter to play in a new Twenty20 league in South Africa which was launched on Monday in London.
"I came back from that first IPL, that second IPL and I was promoting it, and saying 'we've got to get more English guys into these set-ups'.
"It is nice to see the youngsters, (Chris) Woakes going out there, Stokes going out there. It was absolutely fantastic."
“Playing cricket is very important to me, but I’m heavily involved in wildlife conservation now and that will be my priority next summer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment